videos: the lazy blogger’s medium

Did I say  lazy? I meant pregnant. It’s hard to be qualified as lazy when you are, at any moment, participating in the creation of a human being, right? Right.

(Now please go convince DanO of that.)

For now, I’ll give you a little impromptu tour of our upstairs as it stood a few weeks ago. (Can I blame pregnancy for me not loading the video until now, too? K, thanks.)

PS: O My Word how ridiculous is my smile in that still frame?! I embarrass myself sometimes.

21 Responses to “videos: the lazy blogger’s medium”

1. mae

You are cheesetastic. And beyond adorable. Also when you were walking through the “hallway” next to the stairwell I literally put my hand out to the computer screen to steady you, lest you fall down the giant hole to the stairs.

Because that totally would have worked.

I JUST SAVED YOUR LIFE ALLISON.

2. Our Love Captured

Allison, I was curious, were your bedrooms originally upstairs? If not what will you all be planning with those rooms downstairs? Great work, should look very nice in the end :)

There were 2 small bedrooms upstairs that we used for guests and storage. Our bedrooms now (which are on the main level) will be repurposed. The nursery will become a playroom so that I can move some of the large, obnoxiously colored toys out of my living space. Our room will be a guestroom/office. I’m not sure if I’m more excited to have new, bigger rooms upstairs or to have extra space on the main level. All around it’s going to be so! great! :)

• Our Love Captured

I think I would be uber excited for the playroom! Every night from 9-10pm my living room looks clean. Come 7am toys are thrown about and dvd’s are on the floor. I look forward to buying a house soon, and one requirement will be a playroom :)

3. Kim

So glad to know I am not alone in remodeling a home in the midst of growing a baby. ‘Course, I did it twice. And you can TOTALLY play the growing a human card!! After one exceptionally FUN day while I was preggers w/ #3 and we had no kitchenm no dining room, no family room, no sink, no stove, no oven, no dishwasher, and I was cooking for 4 people on a griddle and washing bottles in a bathroom sink, my husband came home, looked at the chaos and said, ‘what did you do today?’ I smiled, and said, “I grew lungs. And you?” We went out to eat that night.

4. Tiffany @ MomNom

Looks great! I can’t wait to see the end result. I can’t decide if I’m more jealous of your new living space or the fact that you will have a play room when it’s said and done.

5. Chrissy

I love how you guys went from planning to have skylights upstairs to ripping off half the roof and putting in a dormer. (that’s what I understood, hope I got it right). Resembles us, start with just changing the floor in the kitchen, to also painting the cabinets & changing the doors, changing the counters and now we finally picked backsplash tiles. But the cabinet doors aren’t made yet.

6. Angel

Just wanted to say how cute you were in the video. :) thanks so much for showing us how the project looks, can’t wait to see the finished product.

7. Molly Piper

We finished our attic a couple years ago. It was a BIG project, but my husband’s brother is a contractor, so he did it for us. It would have taken us FOREVER! But we were able to fit 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, a sitting room, and a loft up there. Hope it goes well for you guys!

8. Cole

1. You? Are too adorable for words.
    2. Do you rent out DanO? Seriously. Carpentry AND web design? You hit the jackpot!
    3. When you swung around at the end and you could see Pearl wandering around by the stairs? That gave Mommy a little heart attack because she was afraid she’d fall – but this video is old and Mommy realizes that she didn’t fall and is fine.

9. Suzanne

Just wait until it’s time to move stuff upstairs and DanO is all like “Hey, help me carry this giant headboard! What do you mean that’s not a good idea when you’re 8 months pregnant? Jeez, stop being LAZY!!”

Oh wait, that was MY husband. If you figure out how to convince yours doing nothing is acceptable, let me in on the secret, ok?

10. Krista

Your project is so exciting! I can’t wait to see more. We’re just beginning a similar project too, but won’t be really getting into the majority of the work until the new year.