Remember not me! Mondays?

[Preface: Yes, that it a totally different header up there. No, I did not warn you. You should probably be getting used to stuff like that on here by now, right? I mean, this blog design is an experiment like our first child is an experiment. We’re liable to try anything.]

It’s been a while since I have linked up as part of the nmm blog carnival hosted by MckMama, and I thought it was high time for some more honest to goodness confessions around here. Not that these are actually my confessions or anything. Right? Right.

Confessions, forthwith.

After a day of genuinely sour nap times, I hopped in my car and ran two errands with OBaby safely in his carseat (and actually not screaming, this time). After the second errand, when I saw in my rear view mirror that OBaby had quietly zonked out, I did not drive around the greater Twin Cities area for 35 minutes just to keep the nap going. Wouldn’t that be an awful waste of fossil fuels? Furthermore, when I landed, magically, in front of Pottery Barn in downtown St. Paul, I did not leave my car running for another 17 minutes while OBaby snoozed on. (That would also not have been the longest nap he’d taken all day).

After waking from his nap, OBaby needed to eat, and my sweet, adorable little ‘in one end, out the other’ baby did not mess his diaper like nobody’s business as I nursed him there in the backseat of the (not still running) car. What followed was a not-so impressive display of ingenuity and flexibility in which I did not change my son’s diaper on the same car seat on which I was sitting.

I’ll leave that one up to your imagination.

We then proceeded, recently-napped, clean-diapered, and well-fed, to walk around Pottery Barn and drool over the hand knotted wool rugs. Ok, OBaby did most of the drooling and I did most of the rug admiring.

Wait, there were no nots in that one. Crap.

I did not return home that afternoon and attempt to convince my husband that the new living room rug we’ve been looking for for months is most certainly this one. The total cost would not have been over $500 either. I would never fork that much over for a silly old thing to walk on. Never.

But it’s on sale! But it’s gorgeous! But my friend Cindy has a 10% off coupon! Please, please, please?!

I totally did not win and the rug will totally not be arriving sometime this week.

(Squeeeee!)

Georgina_Rug-Pottery_Barn

35 Responses to “Remember not me! Mondays?”

No! Don’t be sad! We have two of those and they are perfect! I love them, especially the one in OBaby’s room because carpet is so much softer than rugs. He rolls around on that thing all day.

1. rebecca d

Ok, here goes…. I did “not” late last night declare we have one more week of winter vacation. I am “not” lending to the sceptics theory that homescholers are all irresponsible. I did “not” make the statement in such a way that to all around it sounded like it was my plan all along. I did “not” need to do this because I sat around 90% of last week in my PJ’s watching movies and not finishing my lesson plans and correcting and grading our girls school work. I will “not” be mad at myself in May when I finish a week behind schedule. I did “not” then precede to sleep until 9 AM today.
    PS. I also do “not” still have a sad looking Christmas tree up in the corner of our family room…

That’s awesome! Nothing to be ashamed of there. I would probably still be a teacher if I could have defined my own schedule… or maybe I will be again someday (you know, they kind that sits around in their PJs watching movies ;) ).

• rebecca d

ps. Love the rug… it will make a cool back drop for lots of baby boy “learning to walk” photos.

2. Ryley

O my!! That rug is AMAZING! It just might be what we are looking for too. Did you actually see it and touch it. Is is soft?
    Our current rug was $20 from IKEA but we need something soft and wonderful and that SO matches the green on our couches.
    BUT $500 for something we walk on… ouch..
    I dont know if I can do it. :(

I didn’t get to touch it, sad face. They only carry it online and in the catalog only, but I did touch other wool knotted rugs by them that I was told would be really similar. We have 2 ikea rugs too, but this one is for the living room and I just feel like OBaby spends to much time down there that I want it to be soft, but also pretty! We have chocolate brown rugs and I hope the cream color looks good on our dark wood floors.

As far as the $500, we talked about how it’s pretty much a piece of furniture (although we only have 2 pieces of furniture that we paid more than $500 for and one is a mattress) and how it will be around a long time. But yea, it might take me a while to adjust to STEPPING ON IT.

Thanks Jen, DanO and I made the header last night. I don’t know if you were around before, but it was a tree and it wasn’t really doing it for me.

Yea, we learned that rugs are a ridiculous market. There are the soft, gorgeous amazing rugs that cost $1,000 to $3,000 – and then there are the $100 to $200 rugs that we have in our house and in our experience are either not that soft (ikea), not as colorful (carpet scraps from a hardware store), or SHED like crazy (homegoods). I hope this is a good middle ground.

3. Kristen

I love the rug! But I love even more that you are so excited that you talked your husband into it… ha ha ha! I doubt I could talk mine into letting me pay $500 for a rug, but… when I get an idea it is pretty hard for the hubby to say no b/c I am pretty persistent! ha ha!! have a great day!!!

It was easier to ‘talk him into it’ after we shopped ALL DAY for rugs on NYE. They are all either THOUSANDS of dollars or ugly and cheapy. Here’s hoping this has the best of both worlds!

4. Shauna

I have NOT been there too…driving and sitting with the car running just to extend the nap…the car feedings and changings…and drooling and admiring the “way out of my price range” goods of Pottery Barn :)

It’s impressive really, what moms do on a regular basis and how much ingenuity we develop out of absolute necessity.

Pottery Barn, not so much a necessity, but darn fun.

Then please allow me not to tell you about the sale they are having right now. Although, they seem to be sold out of all of the Queen duvets that are clearanced. Lame. (Or maybe that’s good for us.)

• Nichole

Oh I’m so glad you did not tell me about that. I’m so glad that you would NEVER take a sister by the hand and drag her (kicking and screaming) strait in to sin! ;)

Thank goodness I am still very content with my current (still fairly new) duvet cover from IKEA!

5. Kristina

Hmmm, fondly reminiscing a one child life when I did SO MUCH SHOPPING. Wait. Fondly? My kids all go potty all by themselves now! No diapers. No drooling. Ah well, shopping is overrated!

:) Love the rug!

What? This freedom to shop will end? It’s already been threatened by nap time schedules (well, except when they happen in the car…). I guess there are always pros and cons.

6. Elizabeth

First time on your blog– you were #1 at MckMama’s, so I had to come visit! Love the new layout… obviously, you have a flair from design if you like spending time at PB. Gosh, I love that place. Sometimes, I wish I could just move in. Do you think they have wifi in the stores? I mean, sometimes Starbucks is a little crowded, and the vibe at PB is just so cool… :)

~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

Haha! I was JUST talking to DanO about how it would be fun to live in a furniture store and like room hop every night. Wifi wise, I bet you could find a Pottery Barn somewhere in the country right next to a Panera or independent coffee shop. Let’s move there.

7. Elizabeth

Allison…I discovered your blog today from MckMama’s NMM list and I totally got sucked in and have spent at least 2 hours on it already! Your writing style is great!

Hi Elizabeth, welcome! I’m glad you like it. I’ve been known to waste an hour or two of my life on here too ;). Do you have a blog I can visit? -AllisonO

• Elizabeth

No, I don’t have a blog. I have considered starting one, but if I do it would have to be private. My hubby doesn’t like the idea of pictures and stories of our son being out there for the whole world to see. He just doesn’t get blogging in general. I do send out cute stories to our families though, so I’ve really been considering starting a blog. If I do, I’ll send you an email so that you can get on it! :)

8. Corinne

That rug is so pretty!!!!!!
    (I am the queen of car naps, and hate to admit just how much gas I’ve wasted by driving my kids around for up to two hours…)

Two hours! That’s impressive. Both that you drove that long and that they napped that long. I can only dream.

9. abby

I’m so glad you finally got your rug! Your room will look complete:) We will need pictures of it on your hardwood floors!

And props to you for being first on MckLinky again!! :)

Thanks! It was seriously a fluke (again). I mean, sure I was checking to see if she posted it, but not like every 5 minutes. I was telling DanO how many friends I made last time that are still around and how I’m excited to make more! YAY!

O, don’t worry, there will be many pictures of the living room overhaul. We’re doing this because we need change… and we are NOT up for getting pregnant again. yet. This should hold us off.

10. Kara

Love the new header look! And I’ve spent many hours in the car while my son naps – I finally started to keep my magazines out there instead of on the coffee table, so that I’d have something to read while he was sleeping.

Brilliant! I wasn’t exactly bored, but I certainly had nothing really to do. That is such a good idea, I can’t get over it! Gunna run some out there right now.

11. Tiffany

We totally have that rug + I LOVE IT! Me and LO spend tons of time rolling around and playing with toys on it. Buyer beware – it sheds…for a while. So, plan on using the vacuum quite frequently unless you like having rug hairs ALL over you and said LO for quite some time.

Still, we love it.

12. Cassie

Thanks for always posting when you have a blog makeover. You’re in my reader so I don’t see your background without your prompting.