cupcakes with my cupcakes

^This post made me realize that it’s high time my blog had a dedicated cupcake category. I know, I know. This is where you say “FINALLY, Allison!”

~~~~~~

This seems to be New York trip re-cap week which means I am apparently about a week and a half behind on life (my laundry pile is nodding it’s head). Ah, well. What can you do besides post in a not-so-timely manner and wear your underwear inside out?

IMG_1759.jpg

Cupcakes. I would eat them in a house. I would eat them with a mouse. I would eat them in the air, I would eat them anywhere.

IMG_1762.jpg

Especially cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery in the shade of New York City’s St. Patrick’s Cathedral with some of my bloggy besties.

IMG_1763.jpg{Suzanne from Pretty Swell and Blair of Heir to Blair}

IMG_1764.jpg

{Ok I know you’ve already seen this one, but seriously. It bears repeating.}

IMG_1766.jpg

This sweet, SWEET lady tried so hard to take our picture with the Magnolia Bakery sign in the window. So hard that we re-posed for her, but in the end the auto focus on the bakery window was her downfall. Her effort, though, warrants this picture being shared anyway. Wherever she and her Hawaiian shirt wearing husband are today, bless their sweet touristy hearts.

IMG_1789.jpg

And this? This is Kacia of Coconut Robot. She was my roommate, ok, and my bedmate. Yes, you heard me. I shared a bed with someone I had never met in person before and I lived to tell about it. Actually, she didn’t get in until 2am that first night and I was long since asleep so… ::ahem::

I woke up that morning next to someone I didn’t know.

(And that ladies and gentleman (hi Dad!) is the first and last time in my life that I will ever be able to say that.)

I’m sorry, what were we talking about?

O yes, cupcakes.

IMG_1790.jpg

I ate them in New York. They were yummy. I shared a bed with a stranger. A really cute stranger. The end.

21 Responses to “cupcakes with my cupcakes”

1. Kacia @Coconut Robot

Ahhh! I should be sleeping: but I’m not. And I just CRIED laughing! You totally DID wake up next to someone you didn’t know..and then talked until 3 am the next night n

Look what blogher does to us! ;o)

[and I’m so happy you posted the blurry picture. She practically walked into the street to get that photo fr us… How presh.

2. carmen

I bought cupcakes at Magnolia and ate them while waiting for the Lego store to open Sunday morning. Yum and delish. I brought four home. :)

AND I bought that brown shirt. I’ve worn it several times since I got home.

BUT. I make cupcakes that are just as good. Pinky swear.

3. Ashley

OMG, I love magnolia’s. I love the chocolate cupcakes with the green frosting and sugar sprinkles…I havent had one in like two years but they are amazing!

4. Johanna

Yum! Aaron and I went to Magnolia when we were in NYC last summer and also got the red velvet cupcake. Because it is a rule in life that if there is red velvet cake to be eaten, YOU EAT IT.

I’m sorry, but were there words in this post??? I can’t see past those cupcakes.

(okay fine. the blurry picture story is cute.)

*wiping drool off keys of laptop*

6. Emmie Bee

Did you like Magnolia? I have been a few times & wasn’t that impressed. I’ve only been to the one on Bleecker though – didn’t know they opened up more shops! I need to get to NYC STAT!

I mean, it was cute and it was a cupcake in NYC with awesome ladies, so I really can’t complain, right?

However, the cupcakes themselves did not rock my world, per se.

7. marisa

We have Sprinkles cupcakes out here in AZ. Have you tried them? How do they compare to Magnolia?

P.S. I would say that being only a week behind in life + blogging is pretty amazing. I just posted my son’s birth story, which makes me, oh… only 18 months behind! :)

8. Sarah Robbins

So jealous right now. I LOVE Magnolia cupcakes! Did you see the Friends fountain right around the corner from them? Mmmm, I may have to make cupcakes now. . .

9. Erin

Ughhhh I am missing NYC now. Nothing better than Magnolia’s buttercream icing and a stroll around Greenwich Village.

10. Abby Bohn

I love Magnolia Bakery….I sooo wanted to get one of those t shirts. And it’s in such cute part of town, and just like Erin, I’m missing NYC now too!!