thankfully, there’s more where that came from

I was looking through pictures from Christmas last year.

If I had wanted to keep my makeup in-tact, that would have been a really, really bad idea.

Brace yourself (and your heart parts) for a picture of OBaby on Christmas morning last year.

IMG_8176.jpg

I can’t look at that picture and not cry. This one, either:

IMG_8178.jpg

My teeny tiny wittle bee-bee!! O My Cheeks, where the heck did he go??

I so wish I were exaggerating, friends, but both of those pictures just instantly melt my face into a puddle of mommy love + sadness + joy + heart pain. Which translates to tears. Lots and lots of big, salty tears.

This? Was my baby with the Christmas tree last year.

IMG_8074.jpg

This is my baby with the Christmas tree this year (he thought that branch needed a teddy bear).

{I have no words. Just tears. Happy, yet bittersweet tears.}

29 Responses to “thankfully, there’s more where that came from”

1. Criston of My Hand in His

How precious he was and is! I love the teddy bear branch, all the more because he did it :) I remember when my brothers were that age (there’s a big gap between them and my sister and I) and it’s such a great age! The development they go through is so exciting! I was sure to take many pictures of my brothers’ spaghetti faces and all the goofy things they did. I think it’s great you’ve got all these memories of oBaby on film :) He will thank you for it someday!

2. Kaitlin Cole

I look back at pictures of my boy and I think “did I kiss those chubby cheeks and lips enough?” when I KNOW that I did! I work on loving each season in our lives but when I look back I do miss that fat baby I had!

3. Andrea

Where do the little wee babies go? In the moment you feel like the dependant stage will never end, but it’s gone so fast! You are so right – at least there are more years to come.

4. Lynzie

So question. Will OBaby become OToddler when the second OBaby comes along??? Just curious! He’s adorable. And he’s gotten so big!

5. Emily H.

Holy moly! I just spent the weekend reading every entry from 2008 onward and now that you flash that current picture of OBaby up there — he is huge!! Incredible. Merry Christmas to you and your families!

6. Lainers

Ohhhh! shweet wittle bee-bee turned into pwecious wittle boy!!!!! couldn’t help myself, the gooy-ness was just forced out by that shweet wittle teeny scwunchy bee-bee!!!

7. Nicole

O Toddler is just as cute as O Baby for sure! I missed the post that you guys got his hair cut..how adorable is he!? Looks like such a big boy now.

8. Annie

Where does the time go! Amazing the transition our littles make in one year. ADORABLE pictures!

9. Laura M.

I have been waiting for ages for a new picture of your little sweetheart, so I’m so happy right now. Is that a new haircut? He’s getting to be such a big boy!

I feel ya girl. My K was only 2.5 months old last Christmas and this year she’s full on toddler, ALREADY!!!

And did I miss a haircut post? He looks SO big! ACK!

11. R's Mom

My goodness! What a difference a year makes! But what an adorable toddler!

I’ve been looking at a lot of picture recently, too. This is R’s first Christmas, but his birthday is pretty soon after, so I’ve been looking a pictures from when he was born and then more recent ones. And, wow! I am so, so proud of him and his inquisitiveness, and his need to explore, and watching him think about taking a first step without holding on to the sofa or the coffee table. But at the same time, it pulls at my heart…when did my squishy, soft little baby become this speedy crawler with the big belly laughs…the little boy who got his first hair cut recently and can say “doggie” and “daddy” and knows what his “choo choo” is? Has it really been a year? I was putting together a photo calendar the other day, and by the time I was done, my eyes were red and swollen from crying. Sweet tears for sure…tears of graditude, and thankfulness for this ever-growing bundle of energy joy, but also tears lamenting those fleeting moments of infanthood.

12. kk @ the mom diggity

wow…that really makes me want to freeze time with my 9mo this year. I know this christmas will be so incredibly special, I just want to hold onto it forever. Ok, now the waterworks for me.

Merry Christmas!

13. Katie

I can’t even look at the pics of Eddie from last year! They make me a sappy mommy too! And E just turned 18 months today! O my heart!

14. Galit Breen

*Sigh* Seriously no words necessary! Just insta-puddle-inducing pics! Love them! I hope you and your beautiful family had an amazing Christmas. :)