in which they say it better than I can

I have blogged everyday this week, sometimes even twice a day (huzzah!), you have given me a blissful information overload, every single O My Everyday picture has been posted on time, I showed you my dirty laundry, and my toddler made your toddler look like an angel.

Really, this week couldn’t get any better around here. I have zero tricks left up my sleeve.

But I do have some really awesome friends and blogs that I enjoy reading that have recently blown my socks off, made me laugh so hard I cried, and had me raising my arms and shouting amen at my computer screen. I hope you enjoy their words as much as I do:

Kate vs. Wal-Mart by Katie of Sluiter Nation – It’s like an element of each time I’ve been to a Wal-Mart, but all rolled into one trip.

On Vaccinations and Moving Beyond Fear by Megan of Sorta Crunchy – I wish, wish, WISH I could write a post like this. I should man up and say things I believe even when they’re controversial, but for now I will link to Megan.

I am shallow, I procrastinate, and I steal oranges by Kristen of Rage Against the Minivan – There are so many reasons I love Kristen. This post contains many of them.

The Most Unnecessary Craft Tutorial Ever: Baby Tutu by Suzanne of Bebeh Blog – I made tutus exactly like this for the tutu 5k at BlogHer. Easiest thing EV.AR. PS: contains fresh baked bebeh pictures!

Leyna’s Birth Story by Jill of Baby Rabies – full disclosure: contains some colorful vocabulary, but her baby came FAST, less than 2 hours of labor, so I feel like she’s allowed an expletive or 12. (Not that she needs my permission.)

Uncharted by Nish of The Outdoor Wife – A beautiful description of how she is facing and preparing for a new year.

Enjoy! And have a lovely weekend!

9 Responses to “in which they say it better than I can”

1. katie

Yay! These are awesome posts…all of them! and I am so honored to be amongst them! You are wonderful, my friend :)

2. Joanna

Thank you for posting Megan’s article. We chose an alternate vaccination schedule. Clint & I actually didn’t come to that decision with autism in mind at all. We are just simply concerned parents who wanted to limit what we expose our daughter to and when. And yes- she’s eaten chicken nuggets, french fries, pizza and all sorts of things. I’m not a perfect mom, I just strive to do the best :) and I think that was Megan’s exact point!

3. Jacki

this is a great blog idea :)

I am in a season of struggling to find my voice.

Most days though, there are one or more (mostly more) posts that I read (from my reader) that make me want to shout from the rooftop and share with the world!

thank you. You are awesome :)

“you had me at hello” !! ;)

4. Suzanne

This made my day. My WEEK. Maybe my year. And thanks for the links to other blogs you’re enjoying – I will check out the ones I don’t already have in my reader ASAP!
    xoxoxo forEVA

5. Nicole Drysdale-Rickman

Thanks for the awesome links! I am really interested to know your beliefs on vaccination and the reasons behind them. We delay vaccination for our kids until they are school age and then only choose the vaccines we believe will benefit them. It’s a mixture of many different reasons.

And not that you asked for blog post suggestions but BABY BUMP picture please!!
    God Bless,
    Nicole

6. Abby

Oh man Allison. I really love/hate these things. I just spent over 2 hours going from blog to blog randomly clicking links because I couldn’t stop myself!!! BUT they were great, thanks for sharing!

7. Brandy @Brandy's Brood

I’m gonna have to come back to read all these … no time tonight, my husband’s off and we’ve got a movie date! Thanks for sharing htem, though! I’m always on the lookout for more awesomeness to read :-D

8. JordanK

I recently started reading your blog after “The Bump” awards (a fellow Midwest Mom blogger here!) and absolutely love your blog. Actually, I love almost all blogs and so of COURSE I had to click on all the links you provided. Going to have to add a few of those to my ever-expanding google reader. ;) haha Thanks for sharing the laughs.