that is totally what you think it is.

I wish this were an April Fool’s joke.

But it’s not.

IMG_5574.jpg

OBaby found his dirty diaper after his nap.

IMG_5589.jpg

I have no words.

36 Responses to “that is totally what you think it is.”

1. Kim

Lovely motherhood. I let Amelia have “nakey time” when she was about a year old. I found her under her high chair covered head to toe in it. Oh, and she was eating it too. After that, anything my kids put in their mouths didn’t even phase me. I would say, “Well, at least it’s not poop”.
    xoxo

2. Billie

Oh the joys of motherhood! Can’t say this has happened to me YET…but I’m sure it will. Eli has pooped during bath time. ONCE. and it was my husband who was giving the bath that night and I wasn’t home from work yet. Praise the Lord! But at least O’baby wasn’t eating it:)

3. Suzanne

GAG. Evan has started putting his hand in his pants and pulling out…uh…nuggets to share. It’s horrifying.

Thankfully, no. Saved by the binkie.

OMW I cannot believe I’m explaining whether or not my child consumed his own feces. !@$)*$#@$&!@(#%&^

4. kim

The onesie inside out and backwards? That is genius! That woman needs to market that, trademark it, something!! And you, Miss Alison, are brave. You took pics, everything. I usually sobbed while I filled the tub, talking to myself about what do I clean first?? But how adorably happy is he, with poo on his face??

The camera came out after the panic dissipated and, you’ll notice, after the tub was filled, the child stripped, and the walls/floor scrubbed. Because really, how often can you capture your child smiling through his poopy hair?

But yes to the shock, and almost to the sobbing. Was most sad to have to throw away ‘If You Give a Pig a Pancake”, actually.

5. Lesley

Yuck…I saw the first pictures and thought hope that’s mud!! Guess not. Oh well, soap and water works wonders. :D He’s too cute.

6. polka

kids will be kids and that’s what SO ‘beautiful’ about them :)

omg he is sooo big :) more pictures of him please!

have a nice weekend

7. Savannah

About 2 months ago we had a similar experience. My DD figured out she could remove her bumgenius velcro diaper. Unfortunately she {apparently} figured this out right after we put her down for the night, on a night my husband forgot to check on her before we went to bed. So the diaper was pristine (and out of the crib completely), but she had at least three full blown… shall we say “episodes” that night. It was literally everywhere. Cakes (CAKES!) of it in her hair. It was the most disgusting experience ever. And I was 7 months pregnant. And my husband had to leave for school so I had to do it all myself. Awful, awful, awful.

I feel your pain!

8. Meghan

This exact thing happened with my son yesterday! We found him covered in it, except he had eaten a full baggie of blueberries the day before so it was…. um… really mushy and black.

9. Katie

OH. Mah. Lawd.

I laughed so hard when I saw this that I had to show the hubs. My exact words were, “this is only funny because it is not my poo-covered child. Poor, poor Allison.”

10. molly

i was thinking, oh dear Lord, please let that be chocolate pudding.

gah-ross.

but we still love ‘em, right? AM I RIGHT?

11. Cathy

I’m so sorry. Isn’t this mom stuff fun? Luckily, neither of my children ever removed a poopy diaper. Ever. A pee diaper, yes. But never a poop one.

12. Marlea

wow! this falls into the category of what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger i guess:) I’m super impressed you got pictures.
    Did he get his diaper off or find a poopy one in the hamper/wet bag? I’ve just got to know. My son is probably next.

13. Jessy

I luckly have not had that problem (yet!)

I have, however had a very gross “problem” involving my older son and his diaper contents. When he was about 11 months I had given him some pineapple chunks. A little while later I saw him walking around eating some pineapple, I couldn’t figure out where he got it from so I followed him around to find out. I saw him picking some up off the floor and when he bent down to get it, a piece of pineapple came out of his diaper. He must not have chewed it very well the first time he ate it, because it came out almost in full pieces and fell right out of the diaper looking (to him) very tasty. That day, I decided to stop letting him walk around in just a shirt and diaper.

The joys of motherhood!

14. Ruby Girl

ah ha ha! that’s hilARIOUS! oh wow. hey… it was really fun meeting you at the bloglovin event sat. i look forward to following your blog! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

15. Cambria

I thought of you last night… I took the baby out of the tub, dried her off and let her crawl around so I could get her sister out of the tub. I turn around to find poop on the floor and in her hand. Good thing I hadn’t drained the tub because she got another bath after I wiped her down.