When I enter the kitchen for the first time in the morning, I always have something of a glaze over my eyes. Sleep has barely left my head, my coffee has not yet been consumed, and I’m supposed to create a healthy, well-rounded menu for my littles, one that’s preferably not the same as yesterday. For that reason, I have created a list of a handful of our go-to breakfasts around here. Nothing profound or innovative, just one mom sharing what works for her in the sleepy-eyed moments of the morning.
- plain greek yogurt with granola on top
- defrosted frozen muffins (made in batches), served with fruit
- scrambled eggs and toast
- protein balls (recipe here)
- oatmeal, served with fruit
- breakfast tacos with left over scrambled eggs, cheese, lunch meat
Your turn: What other easy, healthy ideas do you have for breakfasts for littles? Leave it in the comments!
:: :: :: :: :: ::
Welcome to this week’s Parent ‘Hood link up! Please read these guidelines before linking your post:
1. Today’s link-up will run from this morning through the Sunday night. A new link-up will start next Monday morning.
2. Link the unique URL of your parenting post, not the homepage of your blog or your parenting post will get buried under new content on your homepage and be hard to find when readers click through on your link later in the week.
3. We ask that you please include a text link to The Parent ‘Hood (on any of the hosting blogs) in your linked post.
4. Share your own posts and read and comment on other blogs. Any good ‘hood is all about community, right? Read, comment and enjoy as you have time.